Volunteer with a LSS Program
It is through the kindness of our volunteers that LSS is able to offer services and programs that impact lives. Your service is essential to achieving our mission. We need you!
We have a new volunteer page! If you are an existing LSS volunteer, please check your inbox for an email (dated 10/2) with a personal link to create your volunteer program account. Here you can view and sign up for volunteer shifts! Please contact your volunteer manager if you need us to resend your invitation:
Mollie Vrable, email@example.com (Faith Mission)
Mckenzie Houston, firstname.lastname@example.org (CHOICES)
Ben Powers, email@example.com (Food Pantries)
Dear Lutheran Social Services Volunteers,
In order to adhere to our Governor’s and health officials’ guidelines and recommendations to help minimize the spread of COVID-19, we have had to make difficult changes to our volunteer programs over the past few months. Although many of our volunteer opportunities had been temporarily suspended or reduced, we are excited to begin slowly and safely welcoming volunteers back to our program sites! If you are able to volunteer, please click here to view and sign up for available volunteer shifts. We will continue to expand these opportunities as we are able to do so safely.
Safety guidelines have been implemented at all of our volunteer sites including social distancing, wearing masks, checking temperatures and disinfecting high touch areas regularly. Volunteers must bring and wear masks during volunteer shifts. We continue to ask that you refrain from volunteering at our sites if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have been in contact with anyone recently diagnosed with COVID-19, or have concerns about being part of a high risk population.
We appreciate your dedication to LSS! If you are unable to volunteer at this time we hope that you will continue to support our programs in other ways:
- Make financial donations to LSS to support the increased need for services. Please click here to donate.
- Purchase our most-needed items from our Amazon Wishlists to support clients across programs. Please click here to access our wishlists.
- Donate meals and needed items directly to program sites. Non-food donations can be dropped off at the Shelter Donation Center (217 N. Grant Ave. in Columbus) Mondays and Fridays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- To schedule a drop off of meals for Faith Mission, please contact Mollie Vrable at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To schedule a drop off of meals for CHOICES, please contact McKenzie Hopkins at email@example.com
- To donate most-needed food items to our Champion Food Pantry location, please contact Ben Powers at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue to update our supporters throughout this crisis, and we thank you for keeping LSS in your hearts and prayers.
We asked some of our volunteers “Why do you volunteer with LSS?”
Here’s what they said …
Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio is a United Way agency, a member of Lutheran Services in America and a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Copyright © 2016 Lutheran Social Services. All Rights Reserved.