LSS provides housing for more than 900 people who qualify based upon income and age or disability-related criteria. For many seniors living on a fixed income, LSS Affordable Housing communities offer an opportunity to ease their financial worries. Residents agree that without LSS, they would probably be living in a costly and unsafe apartment. But most importantly, residents find dignity in the safe and caring environment of our communities.
Income limits are determined by HUD and vary by county. Applicants must fall into the “Very Low” or “Extremely Low” income categories to be eligible for our projects. Each applicant must undergo a certification process during which we will confirm current income, current assets and any out-of-pocket medical expenses incurred over the past 12 months. Based on this certification process, rent will be determined at 30% of the adjusted income. Each year, residents must undergo an annual re-certification to reevaluate and adjust the rent.
Most communities include the following features:
- One-bedroom apartments located in residential settings
- Each apartment is approximately 530 square feet and has a kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom.
- Rent includes refrigerator, range, carpet, air- conditioning and utilities or utility allowance
- Comfortably-designed community room, library, arts & crafts studio, and lounges
- On-site laundry facilities
- Attractively landscaped grounds
- Door key entry system into the building
- Mobility & hearing impaired units available
Service coordinators at each facility advocate and act as a liaison on behalf of residents by assessing their needs and linking them to community resources as appropriate.
Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio is a United Way agency, a member of Lutheran Services in America and a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Copyright © 2016 Lutheran Social Services. All Rights Reserved.