24 hours a day, every day, 2-1-1 is the critical FirstLink between Greater Columbus’ efforts to reduce poverty and ensuring opportunity for every central Ohioan. Formerly HandsOn Central Ohio, LSS 211 Central Ohio is the largest, AIRS™ accredited information and referral service in Ohio, and among the largest in the United States. Our professional team of certified resource specialists coordinate delivery of community services and strengthen food security for 260,000 people each year. We combine best practices, experience and social innovation to provide one of the nation’s leading 2-1-1 services here in central Ohio.
Rent and Housing Assistance
A local network of service providers disburse rent, mortgage and utilities assistance payments, and supply transportation and other related items for residents of Franklin County.
Navigators can help you prioritize financial concerns, identify immediate action steps, and make referrals to programs and services. During a 30 minute phone call session, Navigators can help with:
- Prioritizing daily living expenses, like housing, food, and insurance
- Maximizing income, by sharing referrals that offer benefit eligibility services, emergency cash assistance and emergency loans
- Managing debt, from credit cards to student loans to child support
- Avoiding predatory scams
- Accessing other social services
- Budgeting for future loss of income
Linkage to Other Services
- Utility Payment Assistance
- Minor Home Repair Programs
- Material Assistance
- Transportation Expense Assistance
- Emergency Shelter Clearinghouse
- Even more programs designed to help community members
Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio is a United Way agency, a member of Lutheran Services in America and a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Copyright © 2016 Lutheran Social Services. All Rights Reserved.