Our first priority is the health and safety of our residents.
The management at The Good Shepherd is working hard to keep both residents and staff safe. We are following all Ashland Public Health and CDC guidelines. Here are details you should know.
At LSS The Good Shepherd, the safety of our residents is top priority.
That’s why we’ve instituted all CDC and local health department guidelines, as well as gone beyond by investing in facility air filtration units.
The battle against COVID-19 requires vigilance on many fronts, and we maintain these protocols in efforts to keep our community members as safe as possible during the pandemic.
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- A minimum of weekly testing for staff and symptomatic or potentially exposed residents.
- All residents have daily wellness checks, including temperature and oxygen level checks, by our nursing staff.
- All staff wear masks at all times and appropriate PPE during resident care.
- All residents wear masks in common areas.
- Social distance is maintained during all activities and dining, including socially distanced assigned seating for each meal service.
- Installation of ionization air filtration units that reduce airborne pathogens, including viruses, bacteria, mold and odors.
- Close and ongoing collaboration with Ashland County Health Department and the Ohio Department of Health on adherence to safety procedures and other guidance.
Starting Tuesday, March 30th, families may visit residents without an appointment on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11am-7pm, and Saturdays and Sundays from 11am-6pm. Any visitation occurring outside of those hours must be scheduled. During these visits, you are now able to meet with your resident in their room, if you prefer. You may still visit in the Manor or outside, as well.
Please call Lorie White at extension 5143 to arrange a visit and to review the guidelines for entering the building.
We do have beds available and we will work with you to bring your loved one into our community safely. If you’d like to take a live online tour of our facility, please call Lori at 419-289-3523 ext. 5143.
Staying in Touch
We realize this is a very difficult time for both residents and families. Please continue to call or video chat with your loved one as often as possible.
Additionally, please encourage your family members to accept their invitations to Caremerge as this is where we will be posting information.
Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio is a United Way agency, a member of Lutheran Services in America and a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Copyright © 2016 Lutheran Social Services. All Rights Reserved.